Module 1: May 30 - June 3, 2015 (Saturday - Wednesday)
Module 2: September 18 - 20, 2015 (Friday - Sunday)
Module 3: November 20 - 23, 2015 (Friday - Monday)
Module 4: January 22 - 24, 2016 (Friday - Monday)
Module 5: June 1 - 5, 2016 (Wednesday - Sunday)
Take your movement potential, teaching, and health to the next level! Experience the Franklin Method approaches of Imagery - the key body/mind skill - Experiential Anatomy and Reconditioning Movement. In Level 1, you will learn about the basics of Imagery in all its applications. Especially the bone-rhythms of the body and how the bones naturally move inside your body to produce efficient and effortless movement. Plus, we cover fundamentals such as biomechanics, posture and breathing. At the end of the course you receive a certificate and the skills to teach Franklin Method workshops.
What you will learn:
• Dynamic Imagery for rapid improvement in movement and alignment.
• The Franklin Method® Bone Rhythms for whole body coordination and e?ciency, imaging the movement of the bones in real time for optimal design activation.
• How to feel great in your body in minutes and how to teach that skill to others.
• The mastery of the best cuing skills for successful and enjoyable teaching.
• Practical insights into the embodiment of function; from biomechanical synchronization to movement excellence.
• How to train to go from average to outstanding.
• How to teach cutting edge functional anatomy in an embodied manner.
• E?ective and fun exercise series using Franklin Ball’s and bands.
What you will receive after graduating:
• 5 Franklin Method workshops like Pelvic Power, Imagery for a Healthy Spine, Relax your Neck and Liberate your Shoulders...
• 35 mini workshops on the above topics that help you integrate the Franklin Method into your fitness, yoga, dance class or the rehab setting.
• Parts of the course will be available online for easier learning and recall.
The Level 1 Franklin Method training is open to anyone who wants to learn how to be healthier and access their full movement potential. This is also an amazing continuing education opportunity for Pilates, fitness, body/mind, and rehab educators.
Saturdays: 11:30am - 6:30pm
Sundays: 9:30am - 5:30pm
Mondays - Fridays: 9am - 5pm
Center of Balance, Mountain View CA
Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, Center of Balance is an internationally-recognized learning destination and teacher training center, specializing in Pilates, Yoga, CoreAlign, Franklin Method®, BodyCode System, resistance stretching, bodywork and Physical Therapy. Students and teachers from throughout the Bay area — and as far as Europe and Asia — travel to our Mountain View studio for training and continuing education.
Tom McCook, founder and director of Center of Balance in Mountain View, CA, is an internationally recognized fitness and movement specialist. Beginning his full time career in personal training in 1984, Tom designs programs for health and life performance for working professionals, people rehabilitating from injuries and world-class athletes including Olympic Gold Medal swimmers Natalie Coughlin, Jenny Thompson and Misty Hyman. Teaching Pilates since 1995, Tom is a Master Instructor of Pilates and CoreAlign for Balanced Body. His teaching approach integrates several mind/body practices including Pilates, yoga, Shiatsu, resistance stretching, Franklin Method, BodyCode System and life coaching. He also is committed to his own daily meditation and movement practice, which broadens his perspective and effectiveness as a teacher. Tom is a sought-after instructor at conferences, retreats and workshops he leads in the US and internationally. His work has been featured in several national magazines, newspapers and television programs. In 2003, Tom produced the exercise video “Combining Pilates & Yoga for Balance.”
$4500 ($4100 early bird special - Save $400 if you register by 2/16/2015!)
Space is limited, so register early! $2100 is due with registration, and the balance is due by 4/30/2015. For questions and to register, please contact Center of Balance at 650-967-6414!
We are taking great care to ensure that your training will be positive and rewarding. We have covered all costs for each student well in advance of the course. Please take the time to review our cancellation policy:
• Before March 30, 2015: full refund minus $150 administration fee.
• March 30 - May 15, 2015: full refund minus $500.
• After May 15, 2015: full refund minus $1500.
• No refund once the course begins.
NOTE: For any cancellation that we are able to fill with another student, only the $150 administration fee will apply.