May 26 & 27, 2018
CoreAlign 1: Foundations, is the heart of the CoreAlign training program. The course includes the theoretical basis of the CoreAlign method along with essential exercises designed to show you the full potential of the CoreAlign method. The new CoreAlign manuals and course curriculum is the best to date and organized with the movement principles from Pilates built into the program. There are about 40 new exercises and the names of the exercises have been streamlined to better match relevant movements in all exercise or movement environments. Also, all body positions are incorporated in CoreAlign 1 Foundations, unlike the original course which mostly was standing facing the ladder.
The course includes:
- 60+ Foundation exercises designed to build functional movement skills applicable to daily life and athletic pursuits.
- Exercise in supine, all fours, plank and standing positions.
- Specific exercise Tracks to focus on Trunk Integration, Upper Body Strength and Balance, Lower Body Strength and Power, Gait and Dynamic Flexibility.
- Progressions and regressions to address clients at different levels of ability.
- Specific modifications and precautions for working with clients with injuries and special populations.
- CoreAlign unit set up and safety.
- The Balanced Body Movement Principles to make your training more efficient, effective and safe.
Days & Times
Saturday: 10:30am — 6:30pm
Sunday: 10am — 6pm
Recommended for individuals with a good background in movement.
Cost & Registration
$550/module, plus manuals fee.
This course is strongly recommended for accredited Pilates instructors and Physical Therapists, as well as advanced students looking to enhance their practice.
Note: Movements on the CoreAlign are performed with exercise shoes. Please wear socks or clean sneakers to use on the CoreAlign.
Tom McCook, founder and director of Center of Balance in Mountain View, CA, is an internationally recognized fitness and movement specialist. Beginning his full time career in personal training in 1984, Tom designs programs for health and life performance for working professionals, people rehabilitating from injuries and world-class athletes including Olympic Gold Medal swimmers Natalie Coughlin, Jenny Thompson and Misty Hyman. Teaching Pilates since 1995, Tom is a Master Instructor of Pilates and CoreAlign for Balanced Body. His teaching approach integrates several mind/body practices including Pilates, yoga, Shiatsu, resistance stretching, Franklin Method, BodyCode System and life coaching. He also is committed to his own daily meditation and movement practice, which broadens his perspective and effectiveness as a teacher. Tom is a sought-after instructor at conferences, retreats and workshops he leads in the US and internationally. His work has been featured in several national magazines, newspapers and television programs. In 2003, Tom produced the exercise video “Combining Pilates & Yoga for Balance.”