CoreAlign Teacher Training
Teacher Training • 5-Week Intensive
"A fabulous weekend! I feel fully prepared and ready to teach on the CoreAlign. It was also personally validating to me of the depth of my skill and experience as a teacher of movement. Tom McCook did an outstanding job of presenting the material in its inaugural weekend."
- CoreAlign student
Learn this amazing innovation in functional movement education! A significant addition to a Pilates studio or personal training practice, CoreAlign training aims to stimulate the central nervous system to govern challenging natural whole-body-movements while creating a blend of flexibility, stability, strength and control. This teacher training program through Balanced Body is recommended for Pilates instructors, movement educators and Physical Therapists who are looking to expand their skills and tools for working with different client populations.
Completion of CoreAlign 1 & 2 are required for the Master Trainer education program.
2016 Course Schedule
May 14 & 15, 2016
CoreAlign 1: Foundations, is the heart of the CoreAlign training program. The course includes the theoretical basis of the CoreAlign method along with essential exercises designed to show you the full potential of the CoreAlign method. The course includes:
- 60+ Foundation exercises designed to build functional movement skills applicable to daily life and athletic pursuits.
- Exercise in supine, all fours, plank and standing positions.
- Specific exercise Tracks to focus on Trunk Integration, Upper Body Strength and Balance, Lower Body Strength and Power, Gait and Dynamic Flexibility.
- Progressions and regressions to address clients at different levels of ability.
- Specific modifications and precautions for working with clients with injuries and special populations.
- CoreAlign unit set up and safety.
- The Balanced Body Movement Principles to make your training more efficient, effective and safe.
Read more ...
June 11 & 12, 2016
CoreAlign 2: Progressions, builds on the foundation of CoreAlign 1 with progressions of the key exercises learned in CoreAlign 1 as well as additional exercise categories, training options and teaching techniques. CoreAlign 2 includes:
- Progressions of plank and standing exercises to address a range of training goals from core stabilization to creating integrated rotation for throwing sports.
- Training options using rotator discs, resistance options and moments of suspension.
- Exercises to challenge balance, coordination and complex movement patterns to prepare clients for all of life’s challenges.
Read more ...
Inquire about our next CoreAlign 5-week intensive with Tom!
Practice the innovation! This 5-Week Intensive offers CoreAlign teachers in training and experienced CoreAlign students an opportunity to develop their skills and embody the exercises and concepts learned from the weekend teacher training modules. A key to understanding and getting the most out of this pioneering system is consistency of practice - Develop yourself in a supportive and rich learning environment!
Note: Movements on the CoreAlign are performed with exercise shoes. Please bring clean sneakers to use on the CoreAlign.
Read more ...